Friday, January 9, 2009

The Kids!

I had a funny conversation with Kaden the other day. He walked in to my bathroom and saw me putting some Proactive repairing lotion on my face.

Kaden: What are you doing Mom?

Me: Getting ready.

K: Is that lotion?

M: Yeah, I guess.

K:(looking very closely at the bottle) Is that Pernactive???

M: Yes, it is Proactive.

K: Oh. Did you order now???

M: Yes, I ordered it.

K: Is it going to clear acne fast?

M: I hope so!

K: Mom, what is acne?

I told him it was the red polkadots on mommy's face. He is such a funny boy. A few months ago he saw someone in an electric wheelchair on the sidewalk. He said "Oh, MOM!!! Look, it's a POWERCHAIR! Mom, can I get a powerchair?" That kid is living proof that advertising works.


On another exciting note, Kate is.....

POTTYTRAINED!!!!!!

Well, for the most part anyway. She's gone the last three days without any accidents. (Except for today, she pooped a little bit on the bathroom floor while she was trying to climb up onto the tiolet. But, she was attempting to get on the toilet and at least she didn't go in her panties.) She still wears a diaper at night, and while we're away from home. Maybe I'll get brave enough today to let her leave the house with panties on, because she's come home dry for the last several days whenever we go anywhere. I've been working with her for the last few weeks. I wanted to get it mostly done before I started school again. She's 23 months old. I'm so proud of her!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Okay, so now I'm certain that I waited too long to enforce the potty training thing :) Landon is so much older than Kate. I fought with the other two for so long that I just wasn't up to it this time. He has been doing really well this week though. He still has his Mack truck (well, he got it back the same day I took it :)

*Katie May* said...

lol. that great for u and kate!

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Kaden is funny and has a great memory....as for Kate that is great!!! Kids are so different with the potty training I am glad it wasn't a nightmare! :)

brandygirl000 said...

Lucky. Kyah isn't interested in potty training at all. I guess maybe I'm not either. Adia was totally potty trained in 2 days at 19 months old. Kyah is 27 months old and doesn't want to. Oh well. That's funny with Kaden. Kids pay attention to the craziest stuff.
Cute...thanks for sharing.