Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas and New Years!

We've had a great Christmas and New Years. My family came for Christmas on Christmas Eve. Everyone came except for Megan and Chance. They spent Christmas with his family. We really missed having them here! We had a great time opening presents. Kaden got Rockband for Wii and Kate got a kitchen. We've all had a lot of fun playing Rockband. Kaden asked for a guitar for christmas because he wants to be a rockstar when he grows up. So cute!

For new years, we got a babysitter and went out to dinner with our friends Jared and Katie Meredith, and with my sister Heidi and her husband Devin. Yay, it was so much fun, going on a date without the kids. We had dinner at Chili's then picked up the kids and came back to our house and played rockband. We were in bed by 10:00 though, because Brent was getting up early to go hunting. He didn't get anything yet. He saw a few deer but he's holding out for the big one.

We've been potty training Kate for the last few days and she's doing pretty good. She will tell me when she needs to go pee. She's almost filled up her sticker potty chart. She hasn't pooped on the toilet yet though. I think that will take a bit more time. I'm hoping we'll have that mastered by the time she turns two in one month.

2 comments:

*Katie May* said...

SOunds like good times! I wish I could get Landon interested in the toilet

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Great job getting out without kids. I have been on and off again potty training with Landen, he is a pill training (ok, it's probably more like my fault because I'm not on the ball:). good luck with her!