Monday, August 6, 2007

Holy Cow!

I have been so busy the last two weeks. After my Grandpa's surgery, he had a stroke. It affected his speech and memory. He is in a rehab center for a few more days before he goes home. From what I'm told, his doctors expect him to make a good recovery.
I spent most of last week at my mom's house helping her out after her hysterectamy that she had a little over a week ago. Things went well with that, except she had a roll of gauze left inside of her. It was removed with no further side effects. She's still a little sore, but doing better every day. She starts her teaching job again next week.
Also, I found out last week that Brent's uncle Kris has to have a double hip replacement and he's only 53, I think. They live up here by us in Pine.
And this really breaks my heart. I just found out last week that my sister Heidi's husband Devin is mostly blind now. He was diagnosed a while back with the juvenile form of Macular Degeneration, and his vision has been deteriorating. From what I'm told, he still has a little bit of peripheral vision. Heidi is due with her first baby in mid-October.
My sister Megan moved to Thatcher to go to college! She will be attending EAC. I can't believe she's that old already. Time sure flies!
My brother Heath and sister-in-law stayed with us over the weekend. The guys went scouting for Heath's upcoming antelope hunt, and Kayla and I and the kiddo's had fun hanging out and going to church.
So that brings me up to date. Boy, this has been a busy and rough few weeks! I will be back later to post a few pics.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Good Grief! It sounds like your family is really having hard times right now! My mom told me about Heidi's husband...I can't believe that! He's so young. I'm glad your mom's feeling better...I didn't know about the gauze...I always wonder how they miss those kinds of things...how do they not see it? Anyways, I think Megan had gone back to RV over the weekend because her stuff that my parent's brought down is at Misty's house. I'm not even sure she knew about the baptism...I forgot she was moving here. It was such a busy weekend with Landon's birthday and the baptism. We had a lot of family over for everything.

*Katie May* said...

WOW you have been busy! Josh told me about Devan that is sad I hope they can stay strong. Hope your MOm and G-pa recover well

Rachel said...

No, I didn't make the cake...a lady in our ward made it for me as a "service project". We had an enrichment where we all traded services and I got a free decorated cake. It was nice to not have to make one!