Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The joys of motherhood

There are pro's and con's of Kate being able to change her own pull-ups.

Pro: She's very independant, which is nice for me when I'm in a hurry. She can dress herself. Take off her pull=up and put on some panties. She usually throws away her pull-up too.

Con: Sometimes she takes off her pull-up, pajamas and all and just throws it all wrapped up into the dirty clothes hamper. Without throwing away the pull up first.

Sometimes I don't think to sort through every single item in the kid's hampers looking for things that shouldn't be there before I throw it in the washer. Sometimes I just dump everything in the hamper into the washer. BIG mistake. I just went to change out the wash, and guess what I found in the washer? Is that bubbles? Foam? I touch it and its a slimy gelatenous goo. Ew ew ew!!!

Guess what I'm be cleaning up this afternoon? Yay for me.

5 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I have had that happen too. I just kept washing it till they came out

Holly said...

awww bummer! That cant be fun to deal with! Good luck! :D

Shannon said...

Aww that really stinks. I'm sorry. As if we have time to clean up unexpected messes.

cavey said...

Oh, I remember L. boy doing that a couple of times. I think it took me a while to figure out what it was though.

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Sad to say that it CAN get worse. Crayons, not just in the washer but once it is dried, seriously! Chap stick in the dryer. Many of clothes have been ruined at my house!!! :) I tend to check pockets now, lol!