Saturday, October 18, 2008

I love you Granny and Grumpa!

I just got back in town lastnight after spending three days down in the valley with my Granny. My Grumpa passed away on Wednesday night. It was such a privelage for me to be able to help her and spend time with her. I am so sad for her. And I'll really miss my Grumpa. I'm very glad I was able to see him the day he passed away.
He was such a sweetheart. He wanted Granny to take him home so bad. He didn't like being in the hospital. All the nurses were saying how sweet h was to them though. He cheered up a bit when we brought him a cheese crisp from the cafeteria. He wasn't a big fan of the hospital food. Granny and I decided that we were going to bring him a breakfast burrito in the morning when we came back. He was very alert and pretty coherent as well. He seemed to be aware of his surroundings most of the time, which is a big change from when I saw him last week. I was shocked to find out that he passed away that night. He semmed to be doing so much better than when I saw him last week.
I'm so glad that I went down there to help my Granny. I was able to be with her when she needed help finding out what to do after his passing, and choose a mortuary. I was able to go with her to a small viewing on Friday morning. The mortuary dressed him in his temple clothes and he looked so good. I'm so glad Grandma was able to see him looking so wonderful and peaceful. The mortuary really did a wonderful job with him, and it made Granny so happy to see him looking so good and in his temple clothes.
I'm headed up to Eagar tomorrow for the funeral.

Also, it seems like when it rains, it pours. I just found out from my dad that my Mom was admited to the hospital lastnight for pneumonia. Why does everything happen all at once? I am emotionally exausted.

Anyway, I'm feeling so thankful for my Granny and the wonderful woman that she is. I'm so sorry for her sadness. I love and admire her so much.
I'm thankful that she has been able to be married to my grandpa. They were so cute together. They loved eachother so much. He will be missed by many.

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Soo sorry to hear of your family's loss. Which g-pa was it?

Liz Hastings said...

Sorry bout your Grumpa!
I hope your Mom feels better real soon.
I know how the pouring rain works but the good thing is it cools down the heat when it stops!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

I'm sorry about your "Grumpa" (that's really cute BTW), and sorry about your Mom! It does all come down at once, but like Liz said, their is always sunshine and maybe a rainbow:) after the rain stops! What beautiful knowledge we have!

brandygirl000 said...

Jac,
I'm so glad you could be there to help grandma. That really made the rest of us feel better. Thanks for all you did for her and grandpa and thanks for updating us.
xoxo

Holly said...

Its seems Heavenly Father is calling grandpas back home lately. My grandpa Heap passes away Thursday (the 16th). So Sorry about your loss..love ya! Hope you mom gets better.

Nikki said...

I'm glad that alot of the family got to go see him. Jarrod and Misty were down on tuesday. It was goodd to see you. Your family is so cute.