Monday, October 6, 2008

Busy times!

Last weekend we went up to my parent's and had a fun time. It's always such a nice break to go visit them. Kaden LOVES to be at Grandma's.
We also found out on Friday that Brent's grandpa passed away. He had pancreatic cancer which spread through his whole body. He was only diagnosed about two months ago, and it moved so fast. We are so sad about his passing. Brent really loved his Grandpa. We'll be driving up to Utah on Friday morning. My mom is keeping the kids for us while we're gone so I'm meeting her in Show Low on Thursday morning. We'll be driving back on Sunday, so it will be a pretty short trip. Brent's dad and sister will be riding up with us, and his mom is already up there. She flew up last week to help out and she'll be flying back after the funeral.
Until we leave, I have LOADS of homework to catch up on (I'm still two weeks behind, but I have an A so far). And I have LOADS of laundry to do.
I'm going to try to go visit my grandpa tomorrow. He's in a hospital down in Phoenix, and from what I hear he's not doing very good. I'm so sad about it. He's on ornery old cuss, but I love him. I always call him Grumpa because he's so grumpy, but he loves it when I call him that. I think he likes people to think he's ornery, but he's really sweet inside. He doesn't fool me. I'll be picking up my Granny on the way to go visit him.
Also, I have another job. That makes a grand total of THREE! I have my business that I run part time from home, and I babysit eight kids on Tuesday's and now I just got hired on at the hospital as a CNA working nights. I'll only be scheduled for two nights a month, and I can sign up for extra shifts where I can work them in. I'm excited to be working at the hospital, since it's in the same general field that I'm going to school for (nursing).

7 comments:

*Katie May* said...

wow. Super busy girl!! Sorry to hear about his Grandpa. And your too. Hope all goes well.

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Busy, busy! I am glad you will be working at the hospital. You will get great experience! I am trying to figure out a day to go see grandpa too....everything is just to crazy!

Rachel said...

Sounds like you've got a lot going on! Good luck with your new CNA job!

Holly said...

Wow, sounds like you are crazy busy. I just started my blog, so I am still figuring it all out. I understand the grampa stuff very well..both my grampas are really close to the end. I know funerals are coming soon. Its sad, but good too.

Leslie said...

Sorry I didn't get to see you today darn it...I hope you have a safe trip to Utah and sorry to hear that. It's so sad to see people get really old and go down hill. Poor Grumpa isn't doing well and it's heart breaking. Grandma isn't doing well either with her skin cancer and possibly Parkinsons. I cried all the way home last night after dropping Grandma off at Aunt Julia's we had been to the hospital earlier visiting Grandpa. You are right he likes fooling people because he isn't always grumpy.

Good luck with your new job! Sounds like it's all working out well just a little on the busy side. :o)

Brittany, Kris, Kaylee, and Maizy said...

It's pretty bad that we live in the same town and I find out what you're up to by reading your blog! Sorry about your grandpas. It's a hard thing but at least we know that he is pain free and happy now... but it's still hard. Let me know if you need any help.

Brittany, Kris, Kaylee, and Maizy said...

oh... and congrats on your new job. I know you've been working at it so I but you're excited!