Thursday, August 21, 2008

Anyone want a salich? Potty! And... more pictures!

First, I just have to tell a cute story about Kaden. For some reason, he thinks sandwich is pronounced "salich". And this kid LOVES pb&j "saliches". That's what he asks to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every day. 24/7. Funny kid.

Secondly, Kate went potty on the toilet a few days ago! She's been acting much more aware of her bodily functions lately. So I bought her a potty seat for the toilet and some Gerber training underwear (the kind with extra padding). She went potty on the toilet like four times that day. And only twice in her panties. She sometimes will tell me when she needs to go potty, so I put her on the toilet. I haven't continued on with the potty training yet. But it's a start! I definately think it will be possible to have her potty trained by the time she's 2. That gives me 6 months! My mom had 6 kids and all of us were potty trained before we turned 2 except one. She's an expert, I tell you!

And now for some pictures!
First, this is the cake my mom and I made for Megan's wedding. It was our second attempt at a wedding cake. (We also made my sister Heidi's cake.) It wasn't too bad. I'm sure you'll be able to spot a few flaws, but don't knock it till you try it! Making a wedding cake is actually pretty hard. That's what two day's worth of work from two women and a lot of stress looks like. The cake in the back turned out the best, and the biggest one in the front was our problem child.


Second, here's a picture of the kids a few months back. I just love Kate's swimming suit. She picked it out all by herself. They were swimming in a little pool at Grandma Blanch's back yard while we were on our anniversary trip. (which was a blast! I don't think I ever blogged about that. If you ever have a chance to stay at Arizona Grand, Do It!!!)

10 comments:

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Very cute! You guys did a really good job on the cake!!

*Katie May* said...

The cake looks way better then what I could do that's for sure! Good Job! Shannons Mom had all her 7 kids potty trained by 2 too so it is possible I just don't know how to do it! :)

Rachel said...

I thought the cake turned out great! Those pictures are beautiful too! I can't believe Kate is starting to use the potty...we're still kind of trying with Landon. He stays dry all day, but that's all I can say about that :) I'm bad at potty trainging.

Blanch Family said...

Love the pics. The cake looks really good. I'm still trying to potty train Mira but that seems a losing battle. She hate the feel of underwear.

JaredandKatie said...

Those cakes are gorgeous. They seriously look like they came off of the Food Channel. You are so talented!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

You'll have to pass your P.T. tips to me....especially night times! Landen has been putting his hand in his diaper and ripping it off, peeing in the tub, immatating me on.....well, I just have been thinking MAYBE he is ready to try and I would love any tips that young. I will definately call you next time we stroll through Payson!

Nikki said...

Your kids are so cute:) Carsen was 19 months and Jaten was 23 months when they were potty trained. I don't know maybe I'm lucky:) I just like to tell myself that I'm just good tho :) That is so cute that Kaden calls them a salich. Hey it's close :)

Shannon said...

I think those cake look great. Great job. I would never try to attemp that. I will be so jealous of you if Kate is potty trained before two. I keep asking Landen is he wants to go potty on the toilet. He just says NO. My mom had all of us kids potty trained at two also. I don't know how she did it.

brandygirl000 said...

Jaq,
Compared to the first cake we tried making your turned out great. That was a ton of work I'm sure. Good job. It was fun hanging out with you for a while in Springerville and seeing you and the kids. Plus, it was great spending time with your parents...they are the sweetest. We had fun. Fun pictures.
Take care,
Brandy

Leslie said...

Way to go the cakes look beautiful! I know what the first cake looked like and how long it took and how difficult it was with that fondunt (spell?) these look like pro's made them so good job!

Love the cute stories & pictures! Adorable