Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My baby's growing up so fast!

Kate had her Dr appointment on Thursday last week. She now weighs 13 lbs 3 oz at nine months old. She's in the 25th percentile for her head and length, but still not on the growth chart for her weight. The good news is that her growth curve has gone up instead of dropping like last time! YAY!!! The high calorie supplement I've been adding to her baby food must be working! Her Dr was very pleased with hor progress, especially since she's been so much more mobile lately. (I guess that's when most babies really start to slow down on their growth about this time because of using so much energy moving instead of growing.) So yeah, she's started doing a traditional crawl a little bit, as well as the army crawl she's so good at. Yesterday she pushed herself up from laying down to sitting. She's not pulling up to standing yet, but I think that's coming soon. Also, she got a tooth! Her first one! And I've been bitten with it already. Yeeeoooooooww!

Since I've been talking about Kate so much lately, I thought I would include a funny story about Kaden. The other day he found a white fuzz ball on the floor. He picked it up and said "Look mom! I found the Holy Ghost's nose!" I said "Oh, okay. You can throw it away if you want." Kaden said "NO!" He looked so offended, like he couldn't believe I actually suggested that, and he stuck the Holy Ghost's nose (ie a fuzz ball) in his pocket. I couldn't help but laugh. He is just so darn cute!

1 comment:

*Katie May* said...

Good I'm glad she is gaing weight I'm sure that makes you guys happy:) I love the story about the H.G. That was great!