Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I am so blessed!

So, here I sit crying, feeling sad and thankful all at once. I was reading my friend Katie's blog from yesterday, (she was talking about the 2nd anniversary of her brother's deaths) and thinking how hard that must be, and about the incredible support she has had from her family. They all just rally around eachother, it seems. (I know you'll be reading this, Katie so I just wanted to say again, LOVE YA, and your family is amazing!!) I feel so sad whenever I think of things like this that happen. Sometimes it's so hard for me to understand life. I really just have to put my faith in the Lord that things will work out in the end, weather it's that we will all get to see our loved ones who have passed on again, or whatever other trials come our way.
I just have to say how thankful I am for my husband, children, and mine and Brent's families, and I love them all so much. And I have such incredible friends, whom I also love very much.
I am reminded of a Martina McBride song called "blessed". It is one of my favorites.

Blessed
I get kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
Across a crowded room
I know you know what I'm thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet
And no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift

I think those lyrics sum up my feelings very well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jac! This is megan. Mom just wanted me to check her email and I looked at the one that was linked to this! Just so ya know, I love ya and u r awesome!!! ;)

*Katie May* said...

Thanks Jac. I love ya Too!!!