Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mmmmmm...

Yesterday I made strawberry freezer jam! Sooooo yummy! My friend Katie inspired me. She gave me a jar of hers and it was SOOOOOO good! I'd never had freezer jam before. It's very different than regular jam. Because you don't cook it, it tastes like fresh strawberries! So I bought 12 (yes, twelve) pounds of strawberries and nine boxes of pectin and almost 15 pounds of sugar. I spent all afternoon making strawberry freezer jam! What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. I tend to get these crazy hairbrained ideas, and instead of starting off small, I think I need to jump in feet first, gung-ho! Mine didn't turn out quite as good as Katie's, but I still think it's pretty good. I did it all in one batch, and next time I think I'll do it in smaller batches. That will be much easier! But now we have a freezer full of yummy fresh freezer jam! Mmmmm!

4 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

YUM, you got my interest. I will have to go to Costco tomorrow and get some:)!

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

I do that also, make to much. I usually give most of it away though. I have never had freezer jam before, sounds good! Anything with sugar and strawberries are my favorite! :)

TammeNBen said...

Sounds good to me. You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the instructions. :)

Blanch Family said...

Yummy! I love freezer jam too! I just don't have time to make it lately.

You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the instructions.