Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Vacation!

We went to California last week. We drove over on Wednesday and camped on the beach in Carlsbad (between San Diego and LA). On Thursday and Friday we went to Legoland. On Saturday we hung out at the beach. It was so much fun!! Of course, I brought my digital camera, but the battery was dead and I didn't bring my charger. Go Figure. So I bought a disposable one and still have to go get the pics developed. Anyway, while we were there we popped a tire and had to buy a new one for $200!!! For one tire!! I guess our car needs a special kind of tire, and everything is more expensive in CA. Kaden had so much fun at Legoland, and keeps asking to go back. Both of the kids did really good on the car rides and at Legoland. They never got fussy or whiny at all. That sure makes a vacation a lot nicer, when the kids are good the whole time. We had so much fun!
Also, I just wanted to add a few more things. My sister Heidi brought her baby home from the hospital on Wednesday. He is a month old now and weighs over five pounds. They're doing really good.
Secondly, I think I am going to ween Kate this weekend. She still isn't gaining weight very good, and she has a dairy intolerance (meaning I have to avoid eating dairy, which is really hard for me to do). I think she'll gain weight better being on formula where I can monitor how much she's eating and I can also add a high calorie fortifier to the formula. I'm a little disappointed that the time has come to ween her, since I really have enjoyed nursing her, but I think it's for the best. At least I made it to the 8 month mark!

3 comments:

*Matie Kay* said...

I'm glad you had a good time! And the kids were good for ya. 8 mo is good

Rachel said...

How fun! I need a vacation too! I love California. I did get my background off of Katie's blog...I actually got the link off of somebody else's blog who had used her templates.

Good luck with weaning Kate. I know that can be a frustrating time. I had to stop nursing Landon when he was about 3 weeks old because he wasn't gaining any weight at all. I felt so bad for him, but as soon as he got formula he fattened right up.

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I totally understand the dairy thing!!! Conner was intolerant with me and dairy! I lasted 9 months with him, but not by choice the kid wouldn't take a bottle! Little mess, he was sooo stubborn, still is! :) The transition to formula was a little rough on his belly but that didn't last to long. You did good! Love ya Misty